This build includes experimental features and is meant for testing purposes. Do NOT use in production system!New Experimental features====================
1. Add loader.conf tab to 'System | Advanced'. This will allow users to adjust kernel variables, unload all modules, load modules. (*this only applies to embedded / full install)
2. Add driver for ARECA SATA/SAS HBA Controller ARC1320, ARC1300 . Note: This is not loaded by default. In embedded/full install, add arcsas_load="YES" via System|Advanced|loader.conf to load on boot.
3. Updates and improves hard disks detection, extends support for hard disks behind RAID controllers, and fixes S.M.A.R.T. issues not working in some setup.
4. Allows hard disks behind RAID controllers to display S.M.A.R.T. information (serial number, hard disk model, temperature etc. when supported)
5. Update the following pages :-
a) Diagnostics|Information|Disks page
- add columns : Description, Rotation rate, Transfer rate, S.M.A.R.T. status, Controller, Controller model
- rename column name 'Disk' to 'Device'
b) Disks|Management page
- add columns : Controller, Controller model
- rename column name 'Disk' to 'Device'
c) Status|Disks page
- add column : Device model
- rename column name 'Disk' to 'Device'Download Location==============
Only 64-bit builds are available for testing at this point.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8h4resx849zlzu4/jyNTqdt7W9 r833 : changes since 22.214.171.124.820.
- Add tw_cli (CLI for AMCC/3ware ATA RAID Controllers) . To 3ware cards owners: please provide console output of tw_cli so that further support for 3ware RAID controllers can be developed. Please contact me for further information.
- Update arcsas binary to V1.00.00.05
- Skip SCSI enclosure (ses) detection
- Fix and update HighPoint RocketRAID controllers detection (thanks dnar for reporting and testing !)
- Use default reported SATA transfer rate if current transfer rate is not provided in S.M.A.R.T.
- Show 'n/a' in Diagnostics|Information|Disks -> Transfer rate column if no value is available.
- Remove 'vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable="1"' from loader.conf as default settings. NAS4Free users can set this manually via "loader.conf" page.
- Fix "loader.conf" page not deleting last variable (thanks SIFTU for reporting and testing !)
- Delete loader.conf.local file if it is emptyInstructions=========
Before you test this image, make sure you backup your config. (config.xml)
1. System|Backup/Restore: Backup your config from and restore your config.xml backup to this experimental build.
2. Disks|Management : after you restored your config form Step 1, you *MUST* click on "Clear config and Import disks" to update configuration
3. Disks|Management|Disk|Edit: After step 2, you will need to re-activate S.M.A.R.T. monitoring for every device.
Note : If you have RAID controllers but cannot parse S.M.A.R.T. info properly, please add correct variables in System | Advanced | loader.conf (see loader.conf screenshot below) to load the correct kernel modules for controller support.Then reboot and "Clear config and Import disks" again to update configuration.
Have fun testing !Testing=====
a) Tested on the following platforms/controllers:
- HP Smart Array controller
- LSI 2008 (IT mode) on IBM ServeRAID M1015
- Intel ICH10 I/O Controller Hub
- Intel BD3420 PCH
b) * Supported but not tested (require further feedback from users):
- Areca SATA[/SAS] RAID controller
- HighPoint RocketRAID SATA RAID controller
- HighPoint RocketRAID 27xx controller
*Please note that this is still deemed *EXPERIMENTAL* as I do not have all RAID controller cards above to test. I have been contacting owners with 3ware, Areca and HighPoint RAID controllers for debug information to create this patch, but further development on these controllers are dependent on users' feedback on the patch. There are also chances where controllers/controllers description may be incorrect, depending on chipset and platform which I cannot thoroughly test due to lack of hardware at hand for thorough testing.
Please report in this thread for hard disks and IDE/SATA/SAS/RAID controllers that works/not working with this patch. Please do not hesitate to contact me at RedAntz at <NAS4Free domain> if you spot any hard disk/controller/S.M.A.R.T. related issues as well.Future planning/additional controller support==================================
3ware controllers :- tw_cli - CLI Storage Management Software for AMCC/3ware ATA RAID Controllers, supported by twe and twa drivers are added to experimental build 833. Output from cli console is required from 3ware users for further development. Please contact me if you can help.
For additional hardware support that is supported in FreeBSD 9.1, if you can help testing, let me know.Screenshots=========
console screenshot to show variables saved in loader.conf.local and kernel modules loaded
Disk|Management screen after 'Clear config and Import Disks'
Diagnostics|Information|Disks with IBM ServeRAID M1015 passthrough on ESXi
Diagnostics|Information|Disks with HP Smart Array P410, IBM ServeRAID M1015 on bare metal booting off USB flash drive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.